- Some of the poetry and fiction contains hypertextual or interactive elements.
- Includes some hypertext among its literary offerings.
- Iowa Review Web
- Includes hypertext fiction.
- The Little Magazine
- After being published in print for 30 years, this magazine now comes out exclusively on
the Web, with a strong emphasis on multimedia and hypertext poetry and fiction. Produced
by graduate students of the University at Albany, SUNY.
- The New River: A
Journal of Hypertext Literature and Art
- Devoted exclusively to hypertext poetry and fiction. Edited by Edward Falco.
- nolo (No Live
- Offers unusual composites of text, graphics, and animation.
- Literature and art, with an emphasis on integrating hypermedia into the concept of the
- Though the focus is on scholarly essays and reviews, this journal occasionally publishes
works of hypertext literature. Only the current issue is publicly accessible on the Web.
Back issues are available on-line through paid subscription to Project Muse.
- pubSphere( ): A Literary
Showcase for Hypermedia Artists
- A showcase for hypertext poetry and fiction and digital art. Connected with Brown
- Snakeskin Poetry Webzine
- Issue 29 is a Hypertext Special containing a narrative hypertext poem.
- Tales Multimedia Journal
- Hypertext poetry and fiction. Sponsored by the Syracuse University Creative Writing
Program and the Salt Hill Journal.
- Turbulence: New Works for the Web
- Devoted to cyberwork that uses various combinations of text, graphics, animation, and
audio in ways possible only in the electronic medium. Some works allow reader interaction
- Alt-X Publishing Network
- Hypertext fiction can be found at the Hyper-X
branch of the site.
- Blast5 Dramas
- Ongoing hypertext projects in art and literature. Collaborative, experimental.
- Burning Press
- The site includes a couple of sections devoted to visual, audio, kinetic, and hypermedia
literature. Machine Made of Words is a "gallery" of finished works, while the
Wr-eye-tings Scratchpad is a "laboratory" for works in progress. The Scratchpad
is supplemented by a Wr-eye-tings
- Diskotech Software
- Publishes "computer video novels" on CD-ROM.
- Eastgate Systems Home Page
- Information about many hypertext publications, authors, and events from the leading
publisher of hypertext literature. On-line samples are available of some of the work
published on disk. The Eastgate Web Workshop offers original hypertext fiction for the
- Franklin Furnace Home
- Individual and collaborative works, some in hypertext.
- GRIST On-Line
- Includes a few examples of hypertext poetry.
- Maid in Cyberspace:
- A very unusual collection of works designed for the Web by women artists and writers,
much of it hypertext narrative.
- NYU Press
- Now seeking hypertext fiction, which will be published on the Web site in September
- UbuWeb Visual, Concrete, & Sound Poetry
- Includes some kinetic work.
- Group Z, Belgium
- Interactive poetry and art from Europe.
- Begun in October 1997 and moderated by Miekal And. Writers can add contributions by
means of an online submission form.
- An open-ended work begun in December 1998 by Ted Warnell and David Knoebel. "Each
artist takes an idea from a participating web site, re-invents it on his or her own site,
then invites others to do the same at their own sites." Other writers are invited to
- Hyperizons: the Search for
- Offers a very extensive listing of Web pages pertaining to hypertext literature.